Make your Yearly Supply of Face Wash in 2 minutes!
Why make your face wash at home?
- Your homemade face wash is 100% pure since you have control over the quality of all the ingredients that add up to make your DIY face wash.
- Additionally, you can customize the handmade face wash to your specific requirements & skin conditions.
- Eventually, you can make your little contribution toward minimizing plastic waste!
Soapy Twist’s 750 ml bottle of Amino Acid & Sugar based Suspending Face Wash Base covers your yearly supply of face wash.
Most importantly, this face wash base is sulfate & paraben-free, pH balanced, silicone-free as well as PEG-free. Furthermore, it contains Amino Acid & Sugar-based Natural Foaming Ingredients and it has a shelf life of 24 months.
The Face Wash base itself is naturally conditioning and can be used as it is if you want a fragrance-free basic face wash.
Soapy Twist shares with you a basic recipe with which you can customize a variety of options from just 1 bottle of Soapy Twist face wash base.
Weigh and add Soapy Twist Face Wash Base to a clean and dry wide-mouth container.
Step 2. Choose your Additive
Add an exfoliating, moisturizing, or conditioning agent which is easily available in your kitchen such as
- Oatmeal powder
- Turmeric powder
- Saffron strands
- Sandalwood Powder
- Ubtan Powder
- Aloe vera gel
- Vitamin E Oil
You can add upto 2% of the additive. So if you are taking 100g of base, you can add upto 2g additive of your choice.
Step 3. Choose your Scent
While you have the option to go fragrance-free, if you wish to add a scent to your face wash, you can either go with fragrance oil or essential oil. You can add upto 1% of fragrance or essential oil. So for 100g base, you can add upto 1g of fragrance or essential oil.
To know the difference between essential oils and fragrance oils, you can check our blog on the same. Click here to check it out.
Step 4. Mix
Mix all the ingredients till they are fully incorporated and in 2 minutes your face wash is ready to use!
How to make different variations of Face Wash using the same Base
Here are a few combinations of additives to cater to the different needs of your skin.
- Anti-Acne Face Wash with Activated Charcoal powder & Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Vitamin E Exfoliating Face Wash with Vitamin E Beads and Vitamin E Oil
- Skin Brightening Face Wash with Turmeric Powder & Turmeric Essential Oil
- Vitamin C Face Wash with Orange Peel Powder & Orange Essential Oil
- Anti-Aging Face Wash with Rose petals powder & Tea Rose Essential Oil
All the ingredients are mentioned at the bottom of the page (on mobile) and on the side (on desktop). If you have any questions, please do leave us a comment on the blog and we will get back to you. You can also whatsapp us on 9718180071.
Disclaimer: This DIY recipe is intended for educational purposes only and not to be used as professional or medical advice. While we strive to ensure the information is accurate, we make no representation of its accuracy, completeness, or appropriateness for a particular purpose. Therefore, the user assumes full liability for all decisions made based on this information.