Make Scented Candles at home this Festive Season!
Learn how to make a scented candle at home and give your loved ones a handmade Aroma candle gift set this Diwali!
Scented Candles have become the most popular corporate gifting option during the festive seasons. Learning how to make fragrance candles at home adds extra sparkle to your festive spirit during Diwali and Christmas. However, some thought needs to go into choosing your aroma candle-making ingredients. Soy Wax candles are the most sustainable, eco-friendly, and biodegradable option. Soy wax candles burn slowly and are the most suitable fragrance carrier. Adding natural and 100% certified pure Essential oils to your soy wax candles ensures a well-balanced scented aroma along with nerve-relaxing, therapeutic benefits to your home and mind.
Why use Soy Wax?
- Natural and Biodegradable: Soy wax is a plant-based ingredient made from soybean oil, It is water-soluble and is 100% environmentally friendly.
- Sustainable & Eco Friendly: It burns slower than paraffin wax candles and emits far less soot thus making it a healthier option.
- Promotes health and wellness: Soy wax candles are a greener option, so they are instrumental in promoting better sleep and breathing thereby offering healing properties to your body, mind, and soul.
70 grams, Soy Wax
30 grams, White Beeswax
5 – 7 % Essential oil of your choice
a dash of Lilac Paste Candle Pigment
1 gram, Gold Dust Mica
- Wick your Candle Container by using a wick sticker and securing your wick in the center of the container.
- Weigh 70 grams of Soy wax and 30 grams of white beeswax and pour them into a heat-safe double boiler.
- Melt the waxes together in a double boiler till it is fully melted.
- Add a dash of Lilac Paste Candle pigment to the melted wax and stir well.
- Add 5 to 7 grams of an Essential Oil of your choice, to the melted Wax and stir till it's fully infused. We have used Geranium Essential oil.
- Add 1 gram of Gold dust power to the melted wax and stir well. Pour the melted wax into the container.
- Secure the wick to ensure it remains in the center by using two spoons as shown.
- Once the candle is semi-set, garnish it with small hearts made with wax ensuring that they stick to the surface.
- Let the candle set in a cool dry place overnight. Your handmade designer-scented candle is ready to use.
Soy wax vs. paraffin Wax
Soy wax and Paraffin wax are the two most used ingredients in homemade designer-scented candles. While Paraffin wax appears less expensive if one sees the overall value of what each of these waxes contributes to the environment and individuals, one tends to tilt more toward Soy Wax.
To that effect, we have done a comparative analysis of soy wax and paraffin wax in fragrant designer candles.
What each of these waxes is made of:
Soy wax is made from Soybean oil, a renewable and biodegradable ingredient, therefore it is eco eco-friendly and has a lower carbon footprint.
Paraffin wax on the other hand is a byproduct of petroleum and therefore its is a non-renewable and less environmentally friendly option.
Soy Wax: Soy wax has a more subtle scent throw compared to paraffin wax. It may be ideal for those who prefer a milder, more natural fragrance.
Paraffin Wax: Paraffin wax tends to have a stronger and more immediate scent throw, making it suitable for those who want a more potent aroma.
Soy Wax: Soy wax typically produces less soot and smoke when burned, resulting in a cleaner and healthier indoor environment.
Paraffin Wax: Paraffin wax can produce more soot and potentially release harmful chemicals into the air when burned, which may not be suitable for individuals with respiratory sensitivities.
Making scented candles at home during the festive season can be a fulfilling and enjoyable way to celebrate the holidays, create unique gifts, and infuse your home with wonderful scents and warmth. Apart from being a thoughtful gifting option, it’s a great learning experience as well as a conscious step towards a sustainable, eco-friendly lifestyle that promotes general well-being and good health.