How to make Soap for Sensitive Skin
Many of us face the challenge of adopting a suitable skincare regime for sensitive skin. For better clarity, let us understand the dynamics of sensitive skin.
People with Sensitive skin experience a poor water-to-oil balance on their skin, which goes to say the pH balance of their skin is not how it should be. In some cases, the use of chemical-laden skincare products previously may have stripped their skin of the natural oils, making their skin feel dry and rash prone. In other cases, the skin may be naturally too oily, which may lead to acne breakouts. In yet other cases, our skin could be reactive to some ingredients in a product like fragrance oils, SLS, and Parabens, NaOH (Sodium Hydroxide) commonly known as Lye which may cause skin irritants.
We at Soapy Twist, thought these issues through over time and came up with a well-researched, laboratory-tested solution with our very exclusive Skin pH Soap Free Cleanser Bar Base. It is a Sulfate & Paraben Free Cleansing Bar base that has a skin pH of 5.5 to 7 which makes it perfectly suited for people with delicate skin. This soap-free (Lye Free) Cleanser bar base is best suited for making cleansing bars for babies and children.
It has the nourishing benefits of Castor oil and Kosher-certified Vegetable Glycerin and can be further enriched with butter and oils of your choice to the tune of 1% of the total output. This enhances the conditioning and moisturization of your face and body cleanser.
The best part of making your soap is that you can choose your fragrance or, if you are allergic to fragrance oils, you can either go fragrance-free or opt for an Allergen Free Fragrance Oil.
There are 26 possible allergens listed in the seventh amendment to the EU cosmetic law which may cause allergy to the skin. Allergen Free Fragrance oils are laboratory tested and are certified free from these allergy-causing agents. Therefore, these fragrance oils are suitable for use in baby care products or by those with sensitive skin or allergy-prone skin.
Today, we will teach you how to make a nourishing Soap Free, Sulfate & Paraben Free Cleansing bar that is perfectly suited for people with sensitive skin.
Triple Butter Cleansing Bar Recipe
Natural Hydration and Moisturization
Neutral pH Skin Care
Makes 3 Soaps of 100 grams each.
Time 40 minutes
Soapy Twist Skin pH Soap free bar base, 300 grams
Unrefined Shea Butter, 1.5 grams
Unrefined Cocoa Butter, 1.5 grams
Mango Butter, 1.5 grams
- Cut and melt 300 grams of Soapy Twist skin pH soap-free bar base in a microwave for 60 seconds till it melts fully.
- In a separate container melt 1.5 grams each of Unrefined Shea and Cocoa butter along with 0.5 grams of Mango butter.
- Add the melted butter to the soap base and stir well.
- Add 3 grams of an essential oil or fragrance oil of your choice. Here we have used Lily and Lotus (Allergen free) fragrance oil. Mix well.
- Pour the melted base into a soap mold and let it set for 40 minutes till it sets fully.
- Spray out all the air bubbles on the surface of the soap-free cleanser with the help of 99% Isopropyl alcohol.
- Demold the cleanser bar once it is fully hard, and your skin pH triple butter soap-free bar is ready to use.
- You may shrink-wrap your soap-free bar and place it in a soap box.
- You may hand wrap your soap-free bar in cling film and decorate it with a jute string or ribbon.
- You may place your soap-free bar in a butter paper pouch and place it in a pillow pack soap box.
You may watch the Complete Tutorial on How to Make a Triple Butter Soap Free Cleanser for Sensitive Skin, on the Soap Crafters YouTube Channel.
Disclaimer: This DIY recipe is intended for educational purposes only and not to be used as professional or medical advice. While we strive to ensure the information is accurate, we make no representation of its accuracy, completeness, or appropriateness for a particular purpose. Therefore, the user assumes full liability for all decisions made based on this information.