All About Body Butters!
All about Body Butters & How to include them in your Daily Skincare Routine
A little extra butter makes everything better! If you’re a big fan of skincare or even if you’re just getting started on your journey, we’ve all heard of body butters. Basically, body butters are moisturisers with superpowers! Some of the most popular natural body butters are cocoa butter, mango butter, shea butter, kokum butter and they’re extremely hydrating for the skin. They’re perfect for cold weather and making dry skin shine again.
The best thing about our body butters is that you can customise them with the essential oils of your choice or make whipped body butter all by yourself! They also help one in improving the texture of the skin.
Let’s talk more about the specific types of body butters. Here are our favourites:-
- Mango Butter - Extracted from the seed of the mango fruit, mango butter is packed with vitamin A, C and E as well as omega 6 and 9 fatty acids. Though its texture may be a little different compared to shea butter or cocoa butter, it works perfectly as a natural moisturiser. Not only is it good for conditioning your skin, but it also has so many antioxidants that help with skin ageing.
- Shea Butter - Shea butter is unlike anything you’ve ever experienced which is why it’s one of the most popular body butters available to us. This kind of butter is commonly used in a lot of cosmetics because of its smooth consistency. Although shea butter is derived from shea nuts, it does not typically cause any allergies. It is rich in vitamins as well as fatty acids like linoleic, palmitic, oleic acids and absorbs easily into the skin.
- Cocoa Butter - This body butter not only makes your skin feel good but also smells absolutely delicious! It is extracted from cocoa beans after a long process of fermenting, drying, roasting, stripping and finally pressing them. Cocoa butter is rich in vitamin E which is highly recommended for anti-ageing and giving your skin a healthy, naturally-glowing look. In some cases, it can also help in reducing the effect of UV radiation.
- Kokum Butter - Kokum butter comes from kokum trees that are most commonly found in the tropical areas of India. Unlike many other body butters, it is non-greasy and acts as an emollient for dry skin. Kokum butter can also be used on the scalp to restore moisture. It comprises stearic acid that is an emulsifier that helps soften the skin and prevents products from separating.
What’s your favourite body butter and which one would you like to try next? Let us know in the comments!
How can you include body butter into your daily routine?
- Complete your shower routine
The best way to make the most out of your body butter is to use it straight after your shower! For helping it absorb better, take a generous (but not too much) amount of the body butter while your skin is slightly moist and massage it in. Use it on the areas that are typically drier than other regions like your elbows, knees, hands and feet.
- Heal your skin overnight
The maximum amount of skin rejuvenation happens during the night when you sleep. Take your favourite body butter and apply it to your body and leave it overnight to let it soak and work its magic! If you have any stretch marks or scars, you can apply the body butter to heal your skin as well.
- It’s the perfect lip moisturiser
Many people are unaware of how moisturising body butter can be for your lips as well. Just apply a layer like lip balm and your lips will never be chapped again!
- Keep your hair healthy
If your hair has become too dry and needs some extra love, you can use cocoa butter as a hair care product and it’ll make your hair healthier too!
The best way to experience the goodness of body butter is to try it for yourself. Add your favourite body butter to your body care regimen and feel the difference in your skin health and texture from the first week. If you’re up for a fun activity, you can also make up your own whipped butter. Check out our future blogs to know how to DIY your own, just the way you want! Get the best body butters here at Soapy Twist.